Dance Authority Performing Arts Studio is owned and operated by Darcy Huffines. Since opening, the studio has grown immensely. Dance Authority competitive company is both regionally and nationally ranked, with multiple overall awards and titles. Along with a successful competitive company, Dance Authority also has a growing recreational student group, offering numerous recreational classes for all ages in styles such as jazz, tap, ballet, contemporary, acro and hip hop. Dance Authority is always seeking new dancers of all talent ranges and ages. Come dance with us! If you have any questions regarding our studio, classes, or staff, please do not hesitate to contact us.
1) Payment Policy: Payment of tuition is due by the 1st of each month. We accept payment via cash, check, or online transaction with debit/credit. Tuition is non-refundable. A late charge of $15 will be assessed if payment is not received by 7th of the month. Any student who has a delinquent account past the 7th of the month will not be allowed to participate in classes until tuition is paid. If checks bounce, there is a $20 fee added to your account.
2) Tuition rates: You agree that your monthly tuition price is calculated on a per hour basis. This tuition will stay the same regardless of some months having more or less classes than others, for school breaks, and if holidays occur. Tuition rates remain the same regardless of 3, 4 or 5 classes in a month. If you enroll in auto pay, there is a convenience fee added. Cash and check payments have no fee.
3) Illness and Missed Classes: Our teachers are prepared each class to teach your child, if your child misses you are still required to make a full monthly tuition payment. However, your child will be allowed to do a make-up a class to makeup hours lost because of sickness. If a student has many absences and it becomes a disruption to the other students they may not be able to participate in recital.
4) Changing or Dropping Classes: A 15-day notice is required should you decide to cancel your student’s enrollment. You are responsible to pay for any fees that have been assumed prior to cancellation of enrollment (tuition, costume fee, clothing etc)
5) Class Observation: Due to student distraction, no parents, family, or friends will be allowed to sit in the classroom during class unless directly invited by the instructor of that class.
6) Safety: We are always concerned about the safety of our students. Be aware that we are unable to watch students in front of and on the side of the studio/lobby. It works best for everyone if you drop off and pick up on time. Students may check outside for their ride when class is over, however if you are late your child will be asked to wait in the lobby. This will require you to park and walk into the studio to get them. This is for the safety of our students. We are not responsible for students who choose to wait outside without permission.
7) Costume Fee: Dance Authority holds a studio recital each year for all students in June. Each enrolled student is required to pay a costume fee by October 15th for the June recital. There are NO refunds, financial or material, for students that decide not to be in the recital after the fee has been paid. If a costume has been ordered for your child and you decide later not to participate in the recital, you still agree to pay for the costume fee in full. Students who choose to cancel their enrollment after paying costume fees are not eligible to receive their costumes. After the October 1st deadline, costume fees 15th due at enrollment, whenever that may be.